mLogic mTape - Desktop Thunderbolt 3 LTO-7 Tape Drive
mTape Desktop Thunderbolt 3 LTO-7 Tape Drive
- Desktop Thunderbolt LTO-7 tape drive certified by Apple & Intel
- 6TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf life - Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Reads and writes to both LTO 6 & 7 tapes, reads LTO 5 tapes
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered - Enables use in any environment
- Includes Hedge Canister LTFS app for macOS - a $299 value!
- Ships complete with cleaning tape and Thunderbolt 3 cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
The mTape desktop Thunderbolt 3 LTO-7 tape drive revolutionizes LTO, enabling users to easily connect the unit to computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mTape is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
The mTape desktop Thunderbolt 3 LTO-7 tape drive ships with Hedge Canister - a $299 value! Canister is a simple drag & drop Linear Tape File System (LTFS) archiving and retrieve app for macOS.
- Makes industry standard LTFS tapes
- True drag & drop archiving/retrieve for macOS (Big Sur compatible)
- Supports archiving to a single LTO or to two LTOs simultaneously
- xxHash64 verification ensures an exact replica of your source is copied to LTO
- Catalogs are created for every tape - retrieving files is simple!
- Catalogs mount as a network drive and are fully searchable by Finder
- Generates Transfer logs, Media Hash List and Manifests
- In app Console
Click below for video tutorials on using Hedge Canister...
mLogic Support YouTube Channel
Learn more about the Linear Tape File System (LTFS).
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
The mTape desktop Thunterbolt 3 LTO-7 tape drive is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Archiware - P5
- Hedge Canister for macOS (included)
- Imagine Products - myLTO
- LTFS - Linux & Windows
- Pomfort - Silverstack XT
- StorageDNA - DNA Evolution
- YoYotta - YoYotta LTFS
Innovative Design. Solid engineering.
- DEREK KLEIN, Director of Technology, T Group Productions, Culver City, CA
|Interface:||2x Thunderbolt 3 ports|
|Tape Drive:||LTO-7, LTFS Compatible, TAA Compliant|
|System Requirements:||Mac or Windows PC with Thunderbolt port|
|Size:||11.5 x 8 x 4"/ 29.2 x 20.3 x 10.2 cm|
|Weight:||8.75 lb / 4 kg|
|What's in the Box?|| mTape with LTO-7 tape drive
Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
1 meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
Universal power adapter
Hedge Canister license for macOS