mLogic® to Demonstrate mTape® Thunderbolt™ LTO-6 Backup/Archive Solution and mLink® 2 Expansion Chassis with Thunderbolt 2 Technology at NAB 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada, April 7, 2014 (NAB 2014)- mLogic will demonstrate the world’s first standalone Thunderbolt-enabled LTO-6 tape drive for secure backup and archiving of digital media and unveil the all new mLink 2 Thunderbolt 2 expansion chassis in the company’s booth- SL13418.
- The world’s first standalone, DC powered Thunderbolt LTO-6 tape drive
- Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- Two Thunderbolt ports for daisy-chaining
- SAS expansion port (enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously)
- Compatible with software from Archiware, Imagine Products, StorageDNA and XenData
- Mac OS and Windows compatible
- Portable form factor with light-weight aluminum construction
mLink 2 Highlights:
- The industry’s most affordable Thunderbolt 2 expansion chassis for cards up to 3/4 length
- The perfect companion for the new Mac Pro
- Supports full-height PCIe cards including video capture, 10GigE, Fibre Channel and RAID contollers
- Features two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining up to six Thunderbolt peripherals
- DC powered
“We are excited to announce two new additions to our lineup of innovative Thunderbolt-enabled solutions at NAB 2014”, said Roger Mabon, CEO of mLogic. “mTape is the first standalone LTO-6 tape drive to feature Thunderbolt connectivity and is the ideal backup and archiving solution for users of laptops and all-in-one computers. LTO tape offers the lowest cost per TB of any storage medium and more importantly has an archival life of 30 plus years - significantly longer than any external hard drive sitting on a shelf. Our new mLink 2 expansion chassis featuring 20 Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 technology is the industry’s smallest and most affordable system to support add-in cards up to 3/4 length and full-height.”
“Thunderbolt delivers unparalleled performance, flexibility and simplicity to personal computing.” said Jason Ziller, Intel’s director of Thunderbolt Marketing, “Products from mLogic such as mTape and the mLink 2 help highlight what Thunderbolt makes possible.”
Pricing and Availability
mTape will be available in April with an MSRP of $3,599. mLink 2 will be available in May with an MSRP of $499.
mLogic Partners at NAB 2014
Archiware - SL13413
G-Technology - SL9005
Imagine Products - SL13605
Softron - SL9405
StorageDNA - SL10621
Tiger Technology - SL11805
YoYotta - SL13718
mLogic designs and markets innovative computer peripherals including disk storage solutions and cutting-edge products featuring the high-speed Thunderbolt™ 2 interface. mLogic is headquartered in Culver City, California. For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.mlogic.com. Join us on Facebook: mLogicLLC
mLogic, mLink & mTape are trademarks of mLogic LLC. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Comments are closed for this article.