Save on bundles with PreRoll Post and YoYottaID LTFS!
New orders ship in 2-3 days
LTO-6 Tape Drive with SAS Interface
- Desktop LTO-6 with SAS connectivity
- 2.5 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has 30+ year shelf-life - Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 160 MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO 5 & 6 tapes, reads LTO 4 tapes
- Connects to mTape TB for simultaneous copies to two LTO-6 tapes
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered - Enables use in any environment
- LTFS utility mounts mTape like a hard drive for drag & drop functionality
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
Ships with LTO-6 tape, Cleaning tape and SAS cable (SAS HBA required)
- Upgradeable to Thunderbolt connectivity
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mTape is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mTape SAS supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape SAS mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
Our free mTape Utility is the simple way to mount mTape SAS using LTFS. Once installed, just connect mTape SAS to your SAS equipped Mac and launch the utility to safely format, mount, and eject tapes.
Backup. Archive. Works with your favorite software.
mTape SAS is compatible with industry leading software including:
Meet mTape Thunderbolt. mTape SAS's BFF.
mTape SAS can be attached to mTape Thunderbolt to enable simultaneous backups/archives to two or more LTO-6 tapes for the ultimate in data security (requires backup/archive software supporting this feature). mTape SAS can also be used as a conventional standalone SAS tape drive.
Innovative Design. Solid engineering.
mTape features a compact form-factor design with aluminum construction that is ideal for mobile applications. And mTape is DC powered enabling the unit to be used in virtually any environment, be it in the studio or a remote location. mTape SAS can be factory upgraded to Thunderbolt connectivity in the future.
||IBM LTO-6, LTFS Compatible
||Mac or Windows PC with SAS HBA
Can also be attached to mTape with Thunderbolt interface
mTape Utility or compatible backup/archive software
||11.5 x 8 x 4"/ 29.2 x 20.3 x 10.2 cm
|| 8 lb / 3.6 kg
|What's in the Box?
||mTape with LTO-6 tape drive
Fujifilm LTO-6 tape cartridge
Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
2 meter SAS cable
Universal power adapter