Save on bundles with PreRoll Post and YoYottaID LTFS!
Now with Thunderbolt 2! In Stock.
The World's First Thunderbolt LTO-6 Drive
mTape Thunderbolt Highlights
- World's first LTO-6 tape drive with Thunderbolt connectivity
- The ONLY LTO solution that is Thunderbolt certified by Apple & Intel
- Free mTape Utility supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- 2.5 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- Reads and writes to both LTO 5 & 6 tapes, reads LTO 4 tapes
- Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- External SAS port enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered - Enables use in any environment
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
- mTape is also available with SAS interface
Ships complete with Fujifilm LT0-6 cartridge, Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
mTape Thunderbolt revolutionizes LTO, empowering users to easily connect LTO-6 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mTape supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
Our free mTape Utility is the simple way to mount mTape using LTFS. Once installed, just connect mTape to your Mac and launch the utility to safely format, mount, and eject tapes.
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mTape Thunderbolt is compatible with industry leading software including:
Meet mTape SAS. mTape Thunderbolt's BFF.
mTape SAS can be attached to mTape Thunderbolt to enable simultaneous backups/archives to two LTO 6 tapes for the ultimate in data security (requires backup/archive software supporting this feature). mTape SAS can also be used as a conventional standalone SAS tape drive. An upgrade kit is available to add Thunderbolt connectivity in the future.
Innovative Design. Solid engineering.
mTape features a small form-factor design ideal for mobile applications. And mTape is DC powered enabling the unit to be used in any environment.
“Providing an LTO-6 tape drive solution with Thunderbolt connectivity offers creative professionals a high-speed, plug and play solution to securely backup and archive large amounts of digital media," said Jason Ziller, Marketing Director for Thunderbolt, Intel. “mLogic’s mTape with Thunderbolt dramatically simplifies the process of safeguarding content produced in today’s file-based workflows."