The Industry’s First LTO-7 Tape Drive Solutions with Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity
Culver City, California - (November 19, 2015) - mLogic, the leader in Thunderbolt LTO tape archiving solutions today announced that its popular mTape and mRack will ship with LTO-7 drives. Both units feature Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, a native storage capacity of 6TB per tape and a data transfer rate of up to 300 MB/second. mTape and mRack support LTFS for drag and drop functionality and are compatible with archiving software from Archiware, Imagine Products, StorageDNA, TOLIS, Xendata, YoYotta and others.
mTape LTO-7 Highlights:
- The first desktop LTO-7 tape drive with Thunderbolt 2 connectivity
- Portable form factor with rugged, light-weight aluminum construction
- DC powered for operation in any environment
mRack LTO-7 Highlights:
- The first 1U rack mountable LTO-7 tape drive with Thunderbolt 2 connectivity
- Available with single or dual LTO-7 tape drives
- Ideal for mounting in standard 19” racks or Digital Imaging Technician (DIT) carts
“By incorporating LTO-7 technology throughout our Thunderbolt 2 enabled mTape and mRack product lines, mLogic continues its mission of providing the most innovative tape archiving solutions in the industry”, said Roger Mabon, CEO of mLogic. “mTape and mRack with LTO-7 now offer 6TB of storage capacity per tape cartridge and performance to 300 MB/second. That’s nearly 2.5x the capacity and twice the speed of LTO-6.”
Pricing and Availability
mTape and mRack with LTO-7 drives will be available December 1, 2015 from mLogic’s global network of authorized resellers and distributors. MSRPs start at $5,199.
Comments are closed for this article.